Tuesday, June 14, 2011

House Rulz 10




As I may have mentioned before I actually developed House Rulz along with the real Chris (Dad) House back in 2008. 

I had been laid off and was working on starting my own consultancy firm.  I had no clients yet and had more spare time than I wanted.  Chris was also out of work and the two of us spend a lot of time playing, planning and just talking about gaming. 

House Rulz grew out of that time.  A few months later, just as I was starting to get the strip into shape I landed my first client for my consulting company.  I was working very long hours and traveling weekly, so House Rulz had to be put aside. 

Why am I telling you this?  Because today’s strip was drawn on November 4, 2008.  I was out of work and very disgruntled with the whole political process.  I voted (none of your business for whom) but I did so holding my nose.    

This is another strip I almost did not run.  Not because I do not like it (although the art work on most of these early strips makes me cringe), but because it is so topical to November 2008.  On the other hand, we are about to ramp up another election, and I am looking at our options and still holding my nose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment